Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Connect 2 diferents telephone System 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

IPAballe

Technical User
Nov 8, 2017
BR
Hello,
I am trying to connect 2 telephone systems of different brands to be able to make internal calls from one to another.
Both systems are connected by LAN at 100 Mbps.
The telephone systems are MITEL 3300 CXi and iPECS-MG of LG-Ericsson.
Do you have any experience with this type of connection?
Thank you.

Hi again,

I have a lot of experience on both telephone systems. You are unable to network those two types of systems together. Here are your options.

1) You can get another iPECS-MG system then network the together. You will need to get a network key from a ipecs supplier (Pragma in the UK).

2) You can get another mitel 3300 CCi and cluster them together - this will not be possible for you to do unless you are Mitel certified. Licensing this type of phone system is also very expensive.

Both are not easy unless you have experience in doing it as there can be no clashes in extension number/groups.

Wishforall.

Hello again, Wishforall.
I'm glad you know a lot about these two phone systems.
I am an engineer in automatic, not in telecommunications, for that reason I do not know enough about these topics in particular although I do know a little.

From the MITEL 3300 CXi telephone system I have licenses for IP Phones (16), for SIP TRUNK (10) and for Digital Links (1) but in the IPECS-MG100 I do not have licenses for any of that and I do not think we can buy them mainly because the LG-Ericcson brand no longer has commercial relations with Cuba.

Taking into account your knowledge, would you help me to think of a solution that does not involve the purchase of other systems or accessories? ... or at least not accessories of the LG-Ericcson brand.

Isidro

Hello IPA,

The only option you would have is to set up speedials to to the other extensions incoming number. This will not save you any money. Unless you have two of the same phone systems and the relevant licences there is no way of doing this.

Sorry, please let me know if there is anything more I can help you with!

Kind regards,

Wishforall

Can you not just set up a h.323 or sip trunk between the systems or qsig with a PRI , as long as the systems have different extension ranges i see no reason why this cant be done , i know the IPECS is capable of both qsig , h.323 and SIP trunks , so why is the blanket statement you cant do this applicable ? As looking at the spec for the mitel it also does SIP trunking.

ACSS (UC/SBCE/SM/SME)

Not that they mean a thing anymore , get a brain dump pass the test crash the system.

Hi Montyzummer,

From personal experience in this and attempting it for a customer who is in a very similar sistuation with those two systems it’s has not been successful. Please if you have a soulitions and the programming knowlage to do this from a Ipecs-MG to a mitel 3300 please post below. You can then save money for two people.

Kind regards,

Wishforall.

Sure what method , SIP or QSIG,

For QSIG (PRI) peer and slave not being set correctly is usually what causes issues.

For Sip once the trunk is up , the structure of the invite "from" and SDP codec settings are usually what causes issues , as there are so many different settings that can address specific issues , let me know where you are getting your issues and i will post what is specific to that problem.

ACSS (UC/SBCE/SM/SME)

Not that they mean a thing anymore , get a brain dump pass the test crash the system.

Hi Montyzummer,
I see that you have experience in this field of telephone systems.

I explain what I need to do and what I have to do, then I ask you to tell me if it is possible to do it with what I have.

Two telephone systems at a distance of several miles interconnected by network (optical fiber) at 100Mbps.
MITEL 3300 CXi with licenses for IP Phones (16), for SIP TRUNK (10) and for Digital Links (1).
iPECS-MG100: I do not have licenses for VoIP, I only have free analog extensions in SLIB cards, digital extensions in DTIB cards and trunk lines in LCOB cards

What I need is to interconnect both systems to make internal calls between the extensions of both systems without additional costs.

Is this possible with what I have?
Thank you so much
Isidro

No not without VOIP capabilities on the IPECS , the only thing you could do is have a SIP to analogue ATA adaptor at the IPECS end , send sip down the fibre link from the mitel and convert it to analogue at the ipecs , this is a poor mans version though and will not be without the cost of the ATA , im afraid you are going to have to spend some money , like i have said once you have the licensing inplace the actual linking of the systems will not pose an issue (with a maintainer that is happy with the technologys) but you are not going to get this done without spending money.

ACSS (UC/SBCE/SM/SME)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back