Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Confusion with Subreports and Parameters...r

Status
Not open for further replies.

hneal98

Programmer
Aug 13, 2002
US
Hi,

I have two datasets, one from SQL Server and the other from Oracle. The Oracle dataset is for the main report and the other is for a subreport. I am new to Reporting Services, so I don't have a clue how to get through this...

In the subreport, I have created two perameters. One for Order_No and the other for Part_No. I have checked to make sure those two fields in both the Oracle database and the SQL Server database are the same data type. I put the perameters in dataset to filter the dataset to pull the same info as the main report (Access was so much easier :-( ).

Anyway, I added the subreport to the main report and then right clicked on the subreport and selected the properties. I then whent to Perameters and entered the name of the two paramenters and assigned the matching fields from the main report dataset.

I run the report and get "Error: Subreport cannot be shown".

I have tried several different things, but nothing seems to work. I would greatly appreciate any help.

Thanks

I presume you have checked that the subreport works on its own?

If so you may be runnin gup against slightly differnet data types between the 2 servers

Within the parameter value setting you can use an expression so it may be worth while converting the value of the parameter using SSRS conversion functiosn eg. if it is a varchar you can use =cstr(parameters!parameterName.Value)

Rgds, Geoff

We could learn a lot from crayons. Some are sharp, some are pretty and some are dull. Some have weird names and all are different colours but they all live in the same box.

Please read FAQ222-2244 before you ask a question

I ended up not using a subreport. I did check that the subreport ran ok on it's own.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back