Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Confusion regarding an 800 number

Status
Not open for further replies.

OpethBWP

MIS
Jan 20, 2006
US
I am fairly new to all of this so trying to figure it all out.

I have a request to route two 800 numbers to a specific ACD queue at one of my sites.

Obviously I know I need to get the carrier to do the routing since that is out of my hands but here is my question.

I have my ACD queue, call it 7765, how can I tell what 800 numbers currently route to that queue?

you cant, the carrier can give you a list of your 1800 numbers and the terminating numbers. But you wont know for sure until you ask them.!
Its also a good excercise to audit your 1800 numbers etc.. you maybe suprised who has them and how much they are costing.!

unless the switchman that set it up was on his toes, that information is not in the switch.. i have my 800 numbers sent to a unusable dn (9999) then put that in my idc table, and translate it to my acd-dn or cdn.. if it's there ld 49 prt idc will show it.. the output side will match a working dn in the switch.. if the provider did all the routing, then call the provider

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back