Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Confusion over AADS path names

Status
Not open for further replies.

DTDude

Technical User
Dec 4, 2011
US
Trying to setup AADS from scratch, initially only to support J100 series desk phones, and eventually Workplace and Vantage phones. I'm a bit confused about how a phone is supposed to get its 46xxsettings file.

The AADS documentation tells you to setup DHCP option 242 like this

Code:
"TLSSRVR=<Utility Server IP address or FQDN>,TLSPORT=1543,TLSSRVRID=0,HTTPSRVR=<Utility Server IP address or FQDN>,HTTPPORT=80,MCIPADD=<H.323 call server address list>"

Seems straightforward. I've done this on IPO a million times. But, when I go to as suggested in the Administering AADS document, there's no file to be found.

Further down in the dynamic configuration chapter, it says "You must assign a group identifier to each supported phone model so that phones can use Avaya Aura® Device Services automatic configuration functionality." Ok. No problem. I went in to AADS and added group identifier 1 to the J100 series. Now, if I go to it's there. Cool....except if I set HTTPDIR and TLSDIR in my DHCP settings, ALL phones will get this same config file. Not what I want. How do I get the phones to dynamically "know" which directory to pull 46xxsettings from?

Also, the documentation says I need to use vi to update the GET command in J100Supgrade.txt to read <GroupID>/46xxsettings.txt. Problem is, that entire directory is read only! I can't make changes to the file, nor can I SFTP a copy of it to that directory. How am I supposed to modify this file?!

If you want to enable file transfer on port 80 on AADS, run this command:
cdto misc && sudo ./us-http-port.sh --enable

This is documented in the AADS PDF.

We're all ignorant, just in different subjects.

Apologies as I'm not as familiar with AADS dynamic configuration. It seems though that it might be easier to use GROUP programming for your phones with "IF $GROUP SEQ <GRP#> GOTO" statements in your 46xxsettings.txt file. You can set the GROUP value either on the phone itself or on pg3 of the CM station form.

We're all ignorant, just in different subjects.

I think I may have partially answered my question thanks to your GOTO comment. Since the phones read the upgrade file first, the upgrade file will actually point the phone to the 46xxsettings file. So you shouldn’t be getting 46xxsettings files at the root. Just the upgrade file, which then points the phone to the correct phone model group directory.

At least I think that’s the case. And if so, then my challenge is to figure out htis permissions issue so I can upload the altered upgrade file.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back