Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Confusing Partition Info and Unviewable HD..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
Hi,
I am currently running WinME on a 4gig hard drive (Master), with a Slave 40gig drive and everything was fine until I decided to format a spare 8gig I had and make that a Master with Windows2K on it. I removed the 4gig and installed the OS successfully yet my 40gig drive would not appear in My Computer I switched back to my other master drive (WinME) and it now wont show up on there either..
I have looked at the drive with Partition Magic 7.0 and have a log file of what it shows.. Could you please help me as to how I can make the drive viewable again without loosing data, as a slave drive? That’s if this makes sense, but if you look at the Partition Information for Disk 2 you will see what has happened..

You can view the results from PartInfo here:

Thankyou

It looks as if you have an 8mb partition on the 40 gig drive. Was this drive setup with a drive utility like EZbios? I believe you need to use that utility to uninstall & reinstall ezbios for the drive to been seen again.

Hi,
No I never used EZBIOS, but installing that could help or only if I had used it previously..? I know the data is all there as I used a recovery program to view but it would be a lot easier if I could just view the drive again..

Thanks

Maybe you should try making the 40Gig the master and installing Win2K on it and use one of the other drives as a spare. Of course you'll need to set the 40 as master and make the partition active. You can do that in partition magic, but if there isn't really any data that you don't need to save, I'd fdisk and format it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back