Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

confuse about the web hosting 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

vraag

MIS
Jul 17, 2000
US
Hi,<br>I want to post my personal web on the internet on my own domain name (i got a NT4 server, IIS 2.0 and Exchange 5.5 running at home)<br>1. I just paid about $70 for the domain name registration(&nbsp;&nbsp;<A HREF=" TARGET="_new"> . <br>2. Want to register internic for the static ip address (means i have to pay about $70 AGAIN for 2 yrs.)<br><br>But my ISP offers a DSL line with the Static ip address for $50.<br>So i'm confusing....??what should i take? is there any hidden costs behind the static ip address? i mean you have to pay for the internic anyway!<br><br>Can some one tell me more about that ASAP. My thanx to you.<br><br><br>

What your paying internic for is the registration of a domain and that is it. But you would do well to look at onestop.net or directnic.com to register a domain through since it is alot less then $70 and they do everything that any other registrar would. As for the static IP most ISP companies do charge like $4-5 for the extra IP or to have a static IP. <p>Steve Hagerman<br><a href=mailto:Admin@Advancedisp.com>Admin@Advancedisp.com</a><br><a href= ISP high speed internet access</a><br>I did it my way!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back