Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Conflict with Symantec Mail Security & Exchange 2000 Mailbox Store

Status
Not open for further replies.

shnsx

MIS
May 11, 2006
US
I have this strange problem. First of all, The software is Win2k Server sp4, Exchange 2k Enterprise sp3, symantec mail sec 4.0, and Mcafee Spamkiller 2.2

Eversince I ipgraded the Spamkiller, the symantec mail sec service and mailbox store can not be running simultaniously. Infact if the server is restarted with both of these services on outo start, the mail store will stop. If I try to start the symantec service, it will stop on its own. Any suggestions, I was tninking of doing a reload of the mail security or upgrade it to 4.6.4, but, I am trying to avoid this if I can.

Any info is greatly appreciated.

I suggent not to mix macfee with symantec. If u want to use symantec mail security and also anitspam then U can go for premium antispam from symantec. Definitely some thing macfee amd symantec mail security conflicting to make sysmtem behave abnormally. Try removing macfee spam killer and see if symantec mail security and mailbox store working properly. Or U may have to completely remove macfee as well as symantec mal secuiry. Once mailstore start working properly. Then load symantec mail security. And I advice not to use macfee spam kiler if u use symantic mail security.

regards

Shakeel

I agree. Upgrade to Symantec's SMSMSE 5.0, and get the antispam add-on. Or push the filtering to an offsite service.

Pat Richard, MCSE(2) MCSA:Messaging, CNA(2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back