Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Conflict of 8i and Reports6i 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

shantanu125

Programmer
May 8, 2002
US
Hi All,

Can anyone please tell me how can I install Oracle 8i and Oracle report Server 6i on the same machine. I tried several times but only one of them is running at a time.
I used different oracle home and different directories for installation.

Please help..
Shantanu

What do yo mean by "running at a time"? Did you installed them into different homes(mandatory) and start them manually? Any errors? I do not remember details, but I launched both on NT and Linux, so what is your specific problem? Regards, Dima

Hi,
by running at a time I mean that I when I install Oracle 8i, Report server doesn't start... I 've to remove Oracle 8i to get report server running......
bye
Shantanu

Did you stop Report service BEFORE 8i install? If so, did you try to start it manually AFTER? Regards, Dima

Install the Report server 6i First and then install the oracle 8i in different directories and then create a TNS then it will work properly

Sani
Pakistan

Thanks sani and sem....
I exactly did that... I first installed the report server .. then installed the oracle 8i client ... but after restarting the machine the report server didn't start...
I went to services and made an attempt to start report server but failed to do so.... however, oracle 8i client service was successfully running.....

Do you can to start this on CLEAN machine and install them into different homes? What port do you use for Report Server? Regards, Dima

i think u should install report 6i and then oracle 8i.
the service of report server must be started manually.
you should try to make a tns.
it really helps.
and also there port no should not be same.
i think having same port nos doesnt work.

Hi guys ,
i finally made it... thax sem and others for helpful tips..... I stopped the report server first change it to manual start and then installed 8i.... now both are working OK...

Thanx again..
[bigcheeks]
shantanu

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back