Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

conflict involving menubar

Status
Not open for further replies.

rolan18

Programmer
May 11, 2006
CA
In my applet I have a menubar with menus and some buttons...

I have found that before I use the menubar my button works every time I click on it, but after I open the menu (even if I don't select anything) I can't click the button more than once.

If I move the mouse before I click the button again then I the button does what it is supposed to again.

I was just wondering if there was a way to get around having to move the mouse before the button can do its task.

so I've determined that Flash is retarded in some senses...

The problem was that the menuBar would not release the focus, so my buttons were not able to execute their on press command properly.( hence the need to double-click on the button, or to move before clicking)

I resolved it by adding an onSetFocus function and used the setFocus function to change the focus to a button.(which had an on press function on it)
This doesn't cause an infinite loop because the focus does not get reset if you're setting it to the same place as the focus currently is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back