Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Confirming which Procedure on Creating a new table

Status
Not open for further replies.

MEM69

Technical User
Mar 5, 2001
US

I want to know which procedure on help to follow.
I need to create a new table in my database. I'm ok there.
Here's the problem. I want to know how to do this in a way that shows all of the fields entered in the created table in an organized fashion
What procedure under help do I need to follow for creating a table like this?
Do I follow the procedure to create a form or report from filtered records? If not, tell me what help topic/question with regard to creating a form to access.

I already have the table created and named.

I've gone there, but am still confused.

Thanks for your help.

MEM69

I am not sure I understand where your problem is. If when you view your table, some of the columns are missing which prevents you from seeing some of your data, maybe you need to open your table and choose FORMAT from the menu bar and choose unhide columns. Maybe some of your data is in hidden columns.

Otherwise, if you are just trying to get a report so you can see your table on "paper", it sounds like you are a novice so what I recommend is using the report wizard. You do this by choosing reports and clicking new. Then choose to use the wizard. It will guide you through how to make a report to view all of your data. You would base the report on the table where your data is stored. Once you've done that, click design to look at the report and see how the wizard did it. You will learn bits and pieces of how to make one of your own if you choose to do so later.

Hope this helps.

tmh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back