Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

? Configuring two SE3510(FC) on one Host (V890)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ramonburks

Technical User
Jul 29, 2005
US
In attempt to get any possible assistance or tips I'll a general questions. Has anyone ever connected two SE3510 to one host and if so how?

I have a V890 with solaris 9 & recommended & recommened patches). I'm looking to get a basic/standard setup. There two dual JNI hba cards. The SE3510 I have, have FC's 0 thru 5. 2 and 3 are loops and there another set of loops below FC's 2&3 that are labeled A&B. I've tried many LUN settings and I've failed. I've tried various wiring settings and failed. I can always see one SE but never both via format on the Sun Management tool. Also I can't use JBOD. Any tips or hints will be greatly appriciated. Oh by the way I read those 3000 Family .pdf's on sunsolve.

Have you set the box-id's to a different id for each box?
The id switch is located under the left hand side cover (standing in front of the box)

To be honest, I didn't know that there was such a thing. So when I pull down the front plate on the Storedge 3510 there will be device/toggle that allows me to set an ID?

Yes, on the right it holds some led's on the left, under the cover, you will see an id switch.
But now thinking of it I am not quit shure if this will solve your problem because you have connected them a two complete seperate boxes. But you can give it a try.

I found the ID switch and changed the numbers that were set at 0 & 1. The SE3510 are connected to one host (V890). I'll probe-scsi and see what happens.

I've adjusted the ID switch on the front of the 3510; however it had no effect on either array or the host. I do thank you for giving me these tips. Thanks again.

Ok I've switch the controllers in my two SE3510's.

What do I mean: Both controllers in their original configuration had a primary controller six fibre chanels and a secondary controller with two drive loops.

Now I have one SE3510 with 12 FC and a second SE3510 with four loop drive FC's and after using the ./ssconsole I was able configure the SE3510. I'm not out of the woods yet, but thanks for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back