Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CONFIGURING THE 28115 FOR BEST SPEEDS

Status
Not open for further replies.

servergms

Technical User
Apr 11, 2002
US
H, I got the 28115 set-up thanks to you all. But now I try to use mine as a hiub which when iI talked to nortel they told me is very possible. But I host online multi-player games and can be having any connection interruptions what-so-ever.When I host the games on the switch I get extreme collisions going on. How can I set up the switch to avoid this? I need to know the best configuration settings.Thanks

Best Regards

servergms

I have a FAQ on JUST that topic! I hope it helps!
I tried to remain child-like, all I acheived was childish.

yes it did help. Thanks a bunch. and setting all the ethernet cards to the same speed as the switch port did too. I still see collisions going on but the connection interruptions have stopped.Thanks

Regards

servergms

If you can get the cards and ports to 100/full duplex the collisions should drop off even more, but any setting where they match should be better than before! I tried to remain child-like, all I acheived was childish.

thanks that helps too. On the screen it says minimum 4% max 8% and cpuaverage 7% can I change these to a higher number? would that also help? thanks

Regards
servergms

lower is better, more power in reserve, but 92% in reserve is not bad! I tried to remain child-like, all I acheived was childish.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back