Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Configuring reportNet with Oracle

Status
Not open for further replies.

anibalgris

Programmer
Aug 31, 2005
ES
Hi,

I´m trying to configure ReportNet with Oracle 9i. I´ve followed all the instructions in the Installation manual (Windows issue):
- I´ve created a new database with the correct character set.
- I´ve copied and renamed "classes12.zip" to the correct location in Cognos directories
- I´ve configured Cognos Configuration - Content Store to use an Oracle source with system/manager account.

When I startup de service, Cognos Configuraction says no problem, but in "crnserver.log" appears:
<
CM-CFG-5036 Content Manager failed to connect to the content store. The connection string is "jdbc:eek:racle:thin:mad:localhost:1521:bbddRN".
Excepción de E/S: Connection refused(DESCRIPTION=(TMP=)(VSNNUM=153092352)(ERR=12500)(ERROR_STACK=(ERROR=(CODE=12500)(EMFI=4))(ERROR=(CODE=12560)(EMFI=4))(ERROR=(CODE=530)(EMFI=4))(ERROR=(BUF='32-bit Windows Error: 2: No such file or directory'))))]]></item><item name="msgLocation"><![CDATA[com.cognos.cm.server.CMServlet.initializeContentStoreContentIndependentBeforeLock(CM]]></item></parameters>
>

Sure I´m missing something but I don´t know what. Please any help would be very appreciated.

Regards

Check if you have some new tables created in your Oracle database.

Ensure that the user account that accesses the content store has permissions to do the following:
• connect to the database
• create, alter, and drop tables, triggers, views, procedures, and sequences
• insert, update, and delete data in the content store tables

Are you installing on a server? This is probably too obvious, but can you connect to the database from the server using SQL*Plus? Do you have the new database defined in the tnsnames.ora on the server?

The copied version of the classes12.zip has to be renamed to classes12.jar to be activated.
That is the jdbc driver Reportnet uses for communication with the oracle database server, and used to create the content store tables.

Stefan

Hi All,

Can some one mail the details steps for reportnet configuration with oracle 8i/9i at....sap_35b@yahoo.com...

I'll be apprciate your reply.

Best Regards

as previously mentioned.. your issue is that classes12.zip needs to be called classes12.jar.

if this has been done check permissions on user account, double check character set. Mkae it UTF8

Besides renaming the classes.zip file, at the time of installation of oracle I think you need to install oracle with 16bit character set not regular 32bit. This is one of the specs you find in the doc of reportnet.

And as mentioned by one of our frnds above, the user should have the DBA role over the databases to load the tables.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back