Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Configuring Putty Log to properly capture SMDR Logfile on SX2000 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

kwbMitel

Technical User
Oct 11, 2005
CA
Trial and error is not getting me anywhere.

The log looks perfectly fine when printing to the console but when I check the log file that PuTTy wrote to, it is failing to show the proper CR/LF between records. As a result, I can't import to Excel to massage the data.

I'm looking for suggestions

Yes - SX2000, that is not a misprint.

KWB I use ProComm and the capture feature. Always works for me, never had much success with the Putty capture.

I suppose you're entitled to your opinion, I'm just not going to suppose very hard.

I just realized you're on a 2k. Try ENA P N the output is formatted with all of the CR and LF. Your input is masked but I think you know that. You have to run CNTL C to end the print.

I suppose you're entitled to your opinion, I'm just not going to suppose very hard.

No access to procomm, working on customer's OPSMan Server running WinServer 2003 and getting Putty to be installed/work was challenge enough

Regular print jobs are fine and the format of the log is perfect

Issue is with Logsys Read SMDR. Looks fine on Screen, Putty Logfile is just wrapped text.

I may have found a work around that I am testing now.

I increased the scrollback buffer from 2000 lines to 20000 and I'm going to try cut and paste from buffer. My small scale test of 100 records worked fine.

Fingers crossed

Another question you might be able to answer though. Can I change the terminal timeout upwards from 15 minutes at least temporarily?

I'm thinking system options but the only timer in there of 15minutes is the DISA lockout and 15min is the MAX

15 minutes is not enough to print 20000 records, might be enough for 10000 though if I print old 10000 and new 10000 separately. hmmm

Suspend auto logout command will stop the auto logout. Resets on logout.

Code:
sus a l

Or, you can resume auto logout when you are done. I have never needed to do this. I just esc-1 to logout.

Code:
resu a l

You should be able to use OpsMan to download the SMDR data off the 2K into a usable file format.

@ teckymitel - That looks like exactly what I'm looking for. Now that you've mentioned it, I remember using it before but it's been way too long. The tech handbook only refers to setting an auto logout times but doesn't say how so I was stuck in a loop.

@Lundah - Another one that didn't occur to me. It might already be setup to do that, I'll check.

I was ready to give up. You guys rock!

KWB, you got me hooked on this found the location of SMDR logs in OPSMAN .\Sx2000 contains backup, upgrade, and smdr files.

@nytalkin

isn't it nice to be able to use some of those rusty skills? Two years into my retirement and out of the blue I get an email asking for help migrating a SX2000 to Cisco. They tried local Mitel help to pull the data from the system and it got severely screwed up apparently. I was initially worried I might have forgotten too much but it's amazing how quickly it all comes back. One of the ways I tried to keep the console active was to send an occasional CTRL-S / CTRL-Q to stop and start the data stream. Didn't work but I haven't used those commands in at least 20 years and they were just there in my brain for the asking.

You've made it hard to decide who might get the reward for the best reply. If those SMDR Records are there, it will save me a ton of time. The site goes thru 20000 call records in about 30 hours and it takes about 30 minutes to pull each one. To get a weeks data will take at least 3 hours.

Although I'm not officially retired I'm kept busy working on the old stuff. I didn't think there any systems still running OPSMAN but I'm working on migrating a 1600 line 2k to a Rel10 MiVB. I'm the last guy in this area that's able to navigate around a 2k. Keeps me supplied with single malt scotch and pork rinds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back