Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

configuring out-of-office-settings for third person 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

mberni

IS-IT--Management
Jul 25, 2001
DE
A colleague has become seriously ill and will not be back until beginning of October. Now i was told to change the settings of his out-of-office-activity, since the current settings are no longer valid.

Is there a way to do that (as administrator) without having to log in with that user's credentials?

I can disable the out-of-office agent, but i do not find a way to change the day he will be back. When i open his mailbox the menuentry in the tools-button is missing.

Any suggestions?

I would think setting yourself as manager (since you are an admin) of his mailbox to do the change would be sufficient.
But do not use the Admin client to do into his mailbox - you will not be recognized as an actual user.
You need to add yourself to the ACL and then use your regular Notes client to go in and access the proper tool option.

Pascal.

I've got nothing to hide, and I'd very much like to keep that away from prying eyes.

Hello Pascal,

thank you for your answer, but unfortunately that didn't work.

I have added myself to the acl as manager.
-> Menuentry still missing

I have then opened the box in which i can allow others to edit this users mailbox and tried to add myself to the list of persons, who are allowed to do anything in that users name. But when i try to save, Notes tells me, that this way is not allowed to add managers to a mailbox.

More ideas?

You said you are an administrator.

You should then be able to use the Admin client with Full Access and set the Out-of-Office agent on his behalf.

Pascal.

I've got nothing to hide, and I'd very much like to keep that away from prying eyes.

Hello pmonett,

thank you for your suggestions.

I have logged in with the admin-client and opened the mailfile of that user. Still i do NOT see the menuentry to edit the out-of-office settings. It looks pretty much the same, as if i would open his mailaccount via "open mailbox of other user".

Or is there a special way to do that with the admin client?

Sorry, if this is a dumb question, but i am not a certified notesadmin.

Thank you.

Found it here.

A bit convoluted, but it should work.

Pascal.

Forgot to say : check out the paragraph "Workaround 2. To enable a Designer/Manager user".

Pascal.

great, so simple.

Thanks, worked like a charm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back