Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

COnfiguring Old BCM 400

Status
Not open for further replies.

desertinn

Vendor
Nov 28, 2010
US
Ok I am use to working on MICS and CICS and I have worked on BCM 50's but I am having a problem configuring this 10 year old BCM 400.

I have access to everyting all the PW and such but I can not configure the T7316 sets for options like LINE POOLS, ETC.. I can;t seem to even find the configuration menus for LINES.

What menu should I be in. I have given my user ID all access to all programs. I done this on BCM 50 but can;t find this on this unit.

I could not figure out how to load the Java version you mentioned bluemr2. There is a lot of options.

I get a blacnk page everytime I try to load the Preinstalled Page.

Do you know fo anyone who would be able to help me even with paid over the phone tech support. I am getting pretty frustrated and this is my 3rd visit to this site and the customer is anxious to get some changes made asap.

Thanks

P.S.

I can;t get into Unified Manger which is where I believe I need to get to in order to change LINES and SETS. I am use to using ELEMENT MANAGER on BCM 50's

Try deleting your most recent version of Java and make sure you only have the older version installed. Update to the latest patches and then delete the older Java and re-install the latest.

This IT geek that controls their internal data network that I have to go thru is makeing my life a living h..l!

He is now saying that the Nortel's SSL ( whatever that is) is what is causing the problem and that he can not give me remote access either because the Nortel is sharing the same port as the company server???

He wants me to disable the BCM's SSL.

I am not sure what he is talking about. What is an SSL and why would the Nortel need to have ti disabled in order to work.

I may have olnly worked on a few BCM's but I have always been able to easily log on via the customers internal network.

Yikes!

Just as "vztech" mentioned earlier have you tried to plug into the BCM directly? Assuming LAN 1 is plugged into their network, plug your laptop into LAN 2, then you don't have to deal with plugging into their network.

....by the way, I notice you keep mentioning "preinstalled page". When you are on the main BCM web page are you clicking the Configure button? Or are you clicking the "Preinstalled client access home page" link directly below Configure?

Just a thought, have you tried Feature **SYSTEM. It sounds as if you have a very old 2.x or 3.x BCM system running on Windows NT?.

All the best

Firebird Scrambler
Meridian 1 / Succession and BCM / Norstar Programmer in the UK

If it's working, then leave it alone!.

Yes, this is very old 3.7 and I am clicking:

"Preinstalled client access home page" ( what is this, I have never seen this befre on BCM 50's)

Also, what will **SYSTEM do or allow me to do? Do do this on a teleset and do I need a PW?

Feature ** SYSTEM would be your Telset login. The password should be the default of CONFIG.

You need java 1.5 and have means to access the BCM via your internet explorer browser.

Can you looked at my guide?.

All the best

Firebird Scrambler

That information is very helpfull, thank you. I will try this later today when I get to the site. The IT Gooks keep telling me that there is nothing wrong with Java and that the problem si with BCM. They think they are telephone people

They even said that there was an issue logging in remotly.

I was told that Teleset programming was not available as well as Call Pilot F983 programming on 3.7.

I will try this when I get there and let you know what I find.

One final thing I should mention is to try and see if you can access the system via it's serial port.

It's common for a BCM 400 to still work, when the hard disk has failed!. The signs are no IP connection and the serial port is another way to check.

Have you read my guide. It's old, but should help you.

All the best

Firebird Scrambler

I am getting a request for Password when I enter **SYSTEM but CONFIG is not working. IS there a default procedure or can I find the PW out once I log onto the BCM via my laptop?

No there's no way to find the telset password once it has been changed.
You could upgrade to 4.0 then set another telset account.

How woudl they be able to change the password? IS that in the section under PASSWORDS when programming vai the set?

If that is the case why would that option not be available using the Unified Manager?

How about this:

How to Reset RCC Admin Password on a BCM 400

thread799-1448532

if it is a 3.7 system then you should not be using anything higher than 1.4,,,old version dot com,,,,,or the user name and pw you have was created and not given all admin rights.

I am referring to accessing system programming via the teleset using **SYSTEM and resetting this PW

Yes they did change it under password thru telset and No you wont be able to recover using the unified manager.
Have you read the thread you referred too? This is to reset the admin password on the RCC reporting.

Thank you. So is not absoloutly no way to reset? How about defaulting the BCM back to factory configs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back