Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Configuring MiVoice Conf Phones

Status
Not open for further replies.

mmcbeath

IS-IT--Management
Nov 6, 2012
BM
Good day,

I recently purchased a MiVoice Conference Phone to replace my current 5360 phone. However when I am trying to configure extension for the new device I do not see the MiVoice phone model listed. I am not sure if this model requires a different method to configure but usually when I want to change a device for a specific extension I just change the device type along with inputting new MAC address. Can someone please advise?

my UC360 device type is "UC Endpoint" and the Sip device capabilities defaults to 71 on my 6.0 SP3

in the Multiline Set Keys form I added some Multicall keys for conferencing

Just an FYI, the MiVoice Conference phone (aka UC360, the original name) wasn't really designed to be a user's primary device, but in addition to it. Most cases I see for these, they're in a manager/exec office on a side/conference table, and in a personal ring group with the user's primary desktop device so calls can be handed off between the 2.

page 75 of UC360 Administration Guide said:
Caution: SIP Device Capabilities numbers greater than 60 are set by the system
and cannot be changed by a user. SIP Device Capabilities 71 contains programming
not suitable for the UC360. This is why an administrator must select an unused SIP
Device Capabilities number from 1 to 60 and then program the appropriate settings
for that SIP Device Entry number to accommodate the UC360.

What's most important is that you realise ... There is no spoon.

good to know, I went by the Admin guide Release 2.1 SP5 page 104

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back