Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Configuring Meridian 1PBX

Status
Not open for further replies.

billo4th

MIS
May 12, 2003
US
The company I work for just purchased another company that was going out of business, and they have a Meridian 1 pbx. The company that serviced the pbx was owed money and will not service it. I installed and programmed our Norstar system, but have no pbx experience. The problem with the pbx is that is seems only the main number of 21 in a hunt group are ringing to the attendant. I would like to learn all about the system, but my immediate need it to get these lines ringing in to the attendant. I can not find any manuals for the system other than hardware configuration. Is this something easy to configure?

Hi how many Dnis are being sent to you from your carrier 4, 3, etc. Are they T1's coming in or COT's to your pbx main line. I asume they are COT's and you could auto terminate them to the console ext. 0 in LD 14.

good luck

I'm not sure what any of that means! Following is a summary of what the local bell charges are:
Integrated Solutions-T1
Clear channel capability extended superframe format
Frame Relay Customer Connection Provisioning Only
Private Line Service, Circuit termination
Frame Relay Service, Customer Connection at Fractional
Frame Relay Service, CIR per DLCI, 65 thru 128 kbps
Hunting/Rollover service
Megalink Channel Service NAR, per flat rated line
Megalink/Lightgate (AKA Bellsouth SPA Point to Point
BIS-Megalink service provided under a single CSA rate
Bellsouth Exchange Access Frame Relay Service
Megalink/Lightgate, analog trunk feature activation

Try this in LD 15
Req:chg
Type:LDN
Cust:0
hit return until
LDN0: XXXX
Then return all the way through

if you have 3 or 4 digit ext. enter it under LDN0
enter any 3 or 4 digit not being used so the PBX needs to know if it expects to see 3 or 4 digits coming from outside.

I hope this helps

vztech,

I appreciate your help. My problem is that two days ago was the first time I ever saw this or any other PBX. I currently have no clue as to where to start. I am totally inexperienced in phone programming other than our Norstar 8 x 24 system.

Billo4th

Check your e-mail account the files I zipped should help you out.

Why don't you settle the outstanding bill? These guys know your site and can probably fix the problem quite quickly. You may need them again in the future.

Ssinger1,

My email address is harry@Mserve.com and I could sure use some of your help with the Option 11c that is being delivered on Monday. I have beed programming MICS/CICS for a while but never seen the inside of an 11.

If you get the chance, lets start an off board dialogue.

Thanks,
Harold Bondy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back