Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Configuring Livelink ECM with Lotus Dominos Directory Service

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShishirDwivedi

Programmer
May 9, 2010
JP
Hi,
I am trying to configure LL ECM with Lotus Dominos LDAP server.

The steps given in the Directory Services Installation and administration guide are followed. The requirement is only for authentication. No synchronisation is required.
The information i am providing in the "Configure Authentication source" page is:

--LDAP Server's ip and port
--SSL disabled
--LDAP UserName: cn=Admin(Admin is a user in the directory)
--LDAP Password
--Search Root: o=<myOrganizationName> (Present in the directory)
--Username Style: Attribute value of Log-in Name
--Case Sensitivity: Preserve
--Environment Valriable: REMOTE_USER

I have checked the LDAP Authentication radio button at the top.But still the CS is using the internal authentication.

I am using LAPI to access the content server and apache http server.
I am passing the generic user name and password format while trying to create the session object.
I have also reset all the passwords to HIDDEN.

Please suggest where i might be going wrong.

Thanks

Have you been able to login using the same credentials via the web GUI ? If it works through that it should work via LAPI.

Greg Griffiths
Livelink Certified Developer & ECM Global Star Champion 2005 & 2006

as greg says login to ethe liveink cgu=i using web make note of how you get there if you see a login windows then there is no sso so your lapi session must use login,port,user&password.
If it is SSO let me know we can try a few tricks together

Well, if I called the wrong number, why did you answer the phone?
James Thurber, New Yorker cartoon caption, June 5, 1937
Certified OT Developer,Livelink ECM Champion 2008

Please check for ?func=admin.testargs to be sure of auth methods.

When i was doing some R&D on explorer on similar approach i had checked with the settings Remote_User = HTTP_Remote_User.
Are you having SSO in place? Appu will definetely help you out if that is the case as i had got loads of help when i was stuck on a similar issue.
Also probably you can configure a altogether diff virtual path in your apache webserver.
These are my thoughts what i recall for my case though i a newbie and might be wrong too :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back