Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Configuring ISA Server for CISCO VPN Client support

Status
Not open for further replies.

lalberti

Programmer
Nov 14, 2000
IT
I am trying to setup a CISCO VPN Client connection passing through an ISA Server.
On the server side I installed ISA Server SP1
On the client side I installed the Firewall Client taken from the ISA server share.

I am having problems getting the initial VPN connection established. I am trying to create the connection with machines that are OUTSIDE of our ISA SERVER firewall. I can ping and trace route to the address of the VPN
concentrator from the ISA Server, as well as access the internet in general.

Every time that I try to connect from the client, I get "Remote peer is no longer responding".
I have installed the VPN client from the cd several times on 2 different machines, a Win2k and a WinXP.
Below is the info from the VPN log concerning my
connection attempt:
1 10:19:00.651 01/08/03 Sev=Warning/2 IKE/0xE300007B
Exceeded 3 IKE SA negotiation retransmits... peer is not responding

2 10:19:00.701 01/08/03 Sev=Warning/3 DIALER/0xE3300015
GI VPN start callback failed "CM_PEER_NOT_RESPONDING" (16h).

Custom ISA Server settings:
- I run "Allow VPN Clients Connection" wizard
- I created the protocol definitions for UDP 500 and UDP 10101 ports as asked from the service provider

Thanks for any assistance.

Hi,

First: - I run "Allow VPN Clients Connection" wizard
has nothing to do with the Cisco client Vpn. The - I run "Allow VPN Clients Connection" wizard is if you want someone to be able to access your Isa Firewall by the Microsoft Vpn Client.

Second: Have you tryed installing the Isa\firewall client ?? (\\servername\mspcint)

At last check this link
LC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back