Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Configuring IP office Server Edition expansion system V2

ogallisk

Systems Engineer
Aug 22, 2024
HI
Please assist on How to configure IP office Server edition expansion system V2. The IP office server edition is pre installed on a Dell Server R240.
1. When setting Up the server for the first time what mode is it supposed to be Primary or Expansion (Server Edition)
2.how do i go about convert an existing IP500 V2 to Server Edition Expansion System (V2).
Thanks

Server needs to be Primary.
Ip500v2 can just be adder to the server but you will need an additional server edition license that needs to be installed on the server edition.

So you will need 2 server edition licensed installed on the server itself.

Server needs to be Primary.
Ip500v2 can just be adder to the server but you will need an additional server edition license that needs to be installed on the server edition.

So you will need 2 server edition licensed installed on the server itself.
Hi Thank you for your assistance. Yes i have 2 server edition licenses for the primary sever. Must i move the end device licenses from the IP500v2 or i can leave them as is and use the new end device licenses? see attached.

Attachments

• Licenses ip office.JPG
    Licenses ip office.JPG
    25 KB · Views: 3
Ip endpoints, 3rd party , power user should be on Server.
The pri/pra license needs to stay on ip500.

Essential en preferred best to remove them from ip500 because it will receive the serveredtition license from the server.

Ip endpoints, 3rd party , power user should be on Server.
The pri/pra license needs to stay on ip500.

Essential en preferred best to remove them from ip500 because it will receive the serveredtition license from the server.
Thank you so much good day

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back