Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Configuring IIS

Status
Not open for further replies.

kavsagol

Programmer
Nov 13, 2006
IL
Vista Home Basic - I installed IIS and configuration tools, but how do I get to IIS configuration? In XP/2000 I do it through the Manage function of my computer or through the control panel, but now I don't see it there.

Using Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager, (Help program Vista)

"IIS 7.0 introduces IIS Manager for IIS 7.0, a completely redesigned user interface (UI) that helps you manage settings for web servers, websites, and web applications. Now you can perform common management tasks for both IIS and ASP.NET through the same UI.

For more information about IIS Manager for IIS 7.0, go to IIS 7.0: Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager on the Microsoft TechNet website".

IIS 7.0 Beta: Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager

Like I wrote in my first message, it's not there. The file inetmgr.exe is not installed on my computer at all.

Yes, it is hard to see what it means to "install IIS" in Vista Home Basic based on the number of features marked unavailable.

It seems I'll go back to XP until I can buy a laptop that can work well with Vista Business.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back