Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Configuring Eudora 4.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

speckles

Programmer
Aug 9, 1999
US
After installing Eudora, I had problems sending and receiving mail for several days. I think I did not configure it correctly. I uninstalled it. In fact, my ISP suggested using another mail program. I wrote Qualcomm, but did not get a response. I'm afraid to reinstall it because of the problems I ran into initially. <br>
<br>

What kind of problems did you have? Could you be more specific? How did you configure it? Eudora is pretty straight-forward. I've used it since 2.x and love it.

I've just started to use it on two of my computers and like it very much. Mail transport appears to be faster than Netscape, which I prefer over IE4, but my preference is still always PINE, however when using a browser Eudora seems to be as functional and user friendly as any other mail program I've used. I still like the full screen look of Netscape however. By the way, I have not upgraded to Eudora Pro 4.2 though I intend to, as soon as I find the vendor who offers the best price. Even Qualcomm suggests shopping around and mentions online that there are vendors who will offer their product at a better price than they will. My Eudora lite was practically self-configuring. I use it on one pop account with one ISP and Netscape at the same time to manage mail on another POP ISP account.<br>
<br>
Hank<br>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back