Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Configuring Centralized Auto Attendant (CAA)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mlkerby

IS-IT--Management
May 26, 2006
HT
I have 2 sites with Norstar and MICS 7.1 that are interconnected with PRI-SL1. I have a Call Pilot 150 in site (A) and would like to centralize Auto Attendant (CAA). When the auto attendant in site A answers a line it should be able to transfer to an extension in site B. Also, I wanted to know if I can setup the Auto Attendant to answer the incoming lines of Site B.

Do you have MCDN keycodes on both sides? It looks like you do, since you have SL1 as a choice.

The Nortel Cent. Vmail is pretty slick, and will definitely do your first question. The issue with your 2nd question is: When the calls from site B come across to site A they will appear as internal calls, making it difficult to use an AA, unless you use line redirection. Also remote site users cannot use F986.

You should be able to do this, you need to set up a CDP btween the 2 sites. Each site needs to start with a unique digit.

I have setup CDP between the 2 sites with unique ID digit. I have the steps to setup the centralized voicemail. However, I know that there are additional steps for Centralizing the Auto Attendant and I'm a little confuse on how to configure it.

The Redirect DN is important and a choice on the system config. page that has to do with external transfers. It's truly, not that difficult. Just go for it!

There should be set up steps in the installer guide. I think somewhere around page 170 or so. Do a search on Configuring Centralized Auto Attendant or CAA. It's been a while since I set it up but it does work pretty well. I'll see if I can look through some old notes tomorrow if possible. Good luck

It's in the installation guide but I'm a bit confused on the setup for the Remote System. Any help would be appreciated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back