Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Configuring Buttons using user rights

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimbo1007

Technical User
Dec 22, 2013
GB
I am configuring the buttons for 1616 handsets using the user rights to save time but as I am using the user rights each handset will have a speed dial to its own extension. Is there anyway to get round this? Or do you have to configure each handset individually?

Thanks in advance,

no way to do it, you need to program the user buttons individually. The profile doesn't care about who has the buttons and so will assign them to itself.

Joe W.

FHandw, ACSS (SME), ACIS (SME)

"This is the end of the world, make sure to buy your T-shirt before it is too late"
Original expression of my daughter

You are most welcome,
I usually do the copy and paste and replace the user I don't need and move the rest, it is a little faster than doing them all from scratch but still a pain

Joe W.

"This is the end of the world, make sure to buy your T-shirt before it is too late"

Sometimes I wish a way of CLI programming and an option of scripting...

Would be useful if you have to deal with changes for hundreds of users.

Get them to do their own buttons in this scenario, they can put them where they like then :)

Programming buttons on a phone is still painful as heck.
Rather than explaining it to people I program them for them and they can submit a ticket if they want it changed or talk to their person that got training afterwards to change it.

Joe W.

if the site is small enough that all users can have everyone on a button then haveing there own user on one is hardly a major issue, although neither is copying the programming then amending them.

if it is a large system then the users probably only have their own department in which case consistency of layout probably overrides the inconvenience of one redundant button on each handset (at least that's my story & i am sticking to it)

A Maintenance contract is essential, not a Luxury.
Do things on the cheap & it will cost you dear

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back