Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

configuring additional access ports

Status
Not open for further replies.

eastcoast10

Technical User
Apr 11, 2011
CA
We are at AACC 6.2 [a fairly recent upgrade].
Most of our scripts [written before my time] use Give RAN. Most callers go into queue as they wait for an available agent and we give them a “please hang-on” message via Give RAN.

We have a requirement to add some additional scripts for a different application. It similar to others but we want to provide a somewhat different message. – “please hang on and have your XYZ account number ready” Unfortunately I am running out of RAN ports.
I want to use
“GIVE CONTROLLED BROADCAST ANNOUNCEMENT access_gv
PLAY PROMPT VOICE SEGMENT we-are-busy”
I intend on playing the same message to multiple users so a controlled broadcast seems ideal.
I currently have four access ports. Some of my existing scripts use Give Controlled Broadcast but these all seem to be after hours scripts and are not used that often. The four existing access ports are lightly used. That being said I have been trying to determine what is involved in adding additional access ports should I need to.

Looking at callpilot I have the following:
STI board MPB96
STI101-001-001 to STI101-001-032 are defined with 001 to 020 in use.
It looks like I have enough ports available to configure additional access ports. If I look under Server resources I see that 20 voice channels are available.
I assume this value of 20 voice channels is set by license.

I have been reviewing the Nortel Documentation on the topic. In regards to these broadcast access ports it discusses topics like
- configuring the maximum number of broadcast ports
- Configuring start/stop wait time
- Voice port licenses.
However I am looking through the AACC server and its Avaya Utilities and the Avaya Configuration utilities as well as in the AACC web server for those configuration fields and not finding anything.

Questions:

1) I assume the voice-ports in question are the 20 voice-channels I now have active in Callpilot. If I DO NOT want to do something like reassign a multimedia port as an access port I am going to have to purchase additional voice channel licenses. Is that correct?

2) Where do these other items – the maximum number of broadcast ports, and the start stop times discussed in the Nortel literature get configured in AACC 6.2 ?

3) Once I get the additional voice port licenses is it a simple matter of

a. Modify the IVR-ACD-DN to have a MAXP greater than its current assignment of 4.
b. Configure TN’s on the MGATE card as Access ports; to ressemble existing TNs
c. Configure those Access ports in Symposium and acquire them.
Is that what needs to be done to add the extra access ports?

Answers:

General information on configuration for CS1K and CallPilot are in
1. That is correct. If you have CallPilot Reporter you should be able to see utilization on your ports to determine if taking some away from voicemail and pure CallPilot menus is a problem.
2. CCMA - Configuration - Global Settings
3. Nothing simple about access ports at times! See the AACC CS1K Integration guide (NN44400-512-0401) for CS1k and CallPilot information - both need configuration. The ports have to have a Class ID number in CallPilot that must match the channel number in AACC.

Keep in mind that Broadcast ports are best for high use only. If you don't get multiple callers on the ports it is actually taking more channels to support the same number of callers. You can still use access ports so you have dynamic announcements, but use the OPEN VOICE SESSION command instead of the GIVE CONTROLLED BROADCAST.

I believe access ports are also licensed on the CallPilot server, you will need to have spare access port licenses to enable you to configure.

since you are using the play voice segment command, your call pilot must have access ports licensed in order for this feature to work. you can't use play voice segment with normal voice channels on the call pilot ( sorry design intent). Does that help? Yes AACC 6.2 at times will have issues with adding access ports this is fixed in SP9 for the AACC server.

Glenn Thomas ACIS- Contact Center AACC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back