Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Configuring a web cam and Netmeeting with Cisco 678 Router 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

cmj

Technical User
Jan 10, 2001
US
I recently suscribed to ADSL through alltel.net and I have ran into a few problems I am unable to recieve any incoming connections from other Nrtmeeting user but I can however connect to them and recieve there video transmission the way I connect to them is by putting in the users ip number and connecting directly I do have the option to automatically accept incoming calls and this still does'nt work I also have a problem running Tevio webcam software or any other webcam software for that matter the problem is I cant get much of anything to route to my internal IP throught router but I can get ftp server to work without a hitch by adding ports 20-21 in IP list If anyone can help me with this issue I would be very thankful.

Is your PC/Server connected to the DSL router? Are you using a Static or Dynamic IP? Can that address be pinged from out side your local segment? Are you using any type of personal firewall software that may have the ports blocked for those services?

John

router is connected to lan with ip of 10.0.0.2 with a static ip on wan side(unless they reset server) of 160.40.xx.xx i currently am not running any firewall software yes ip can be pinged

Are you using a modem or a router? What brand name is the equipment? Is this a static or a dynamic ip?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back