Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

configuring a user account to auto start after a shut down or restart

Status
Not open for further replies.

tawaya

Technical User
Apr 14, 2009
Greetings....I am a complete noob at server management my question/problem is below.

We have a server that host 4 different users at a admin level, the server serves as a web host as well as different experimental functions.

My problem is that one user has a application running 24-7 and if I shut down or restart the server that user will have to log back into the server through remote desktop to restart his application, even though the server itself is up and running, and his application is in the startup folder.

Is there a way to configure that users account to auto start complete with his application?

Thanks in advance
JT

Sorry to ask this silly question as I am new member of Tek-Tips would u be able to tell me how to start a new thread.

You could always look at scheduled tasks (under control panel)

they will allow you to schedule a task to start every-time the system starts up - you can also select the user account to run it under.

Have a look but let me know if you need any more details.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back