Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Configuring a Cisco 3000 VPN Connection with NT4.0 RADIUS server

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 14, 2001
GB
I am trying to configure our Cisco VPN 3005 concentrator to authenticate with our Windows NT 4.0 Option Pack RADIUS server. I am performing testing from my Windows 2000 Pro client connecting to our NT 4.0 Domain LAN.
When I connect to our VPN3000 concentrator and use an internal user the connection works fine.
But if I try to use a username, password and NT domain, the VPN3000 seems to authenticate OK and even claims to connect OK, but the connection always disconnects after about 16 seconds.
Can anyone suggest what I should do next ?
Thanks... AndyJ

I am having a very similar problem using the 3060 concentrator and trying to authenticate against the Windows2K IAS server. I have TAC case open now but my luck is not holding with Cisco as I have an engineer who cannot help me but won't admit it.

I've found, like you, that there is some kind of filter error being recorded at the cocentrator. I have three main assumptions...1) There is actually a misconfigured filter of some kind of on the concentrator. 2) The IAS server is passing back some bogus information along with the Authentication ack that is telling the concentrator more than it needs to know. 3) The error I am seeing in the log is totally bogus and leading us down the wrong path.

If you've discovered anything in the meantime, I would love to know.

Dan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back