Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Configuring 2nd hard disk in Win98 SE

Status
Not open for further replies.

pat2rickc

MIS
May 29, 2001
US
My problem may be similar one previously posted but I'm not so sure about how this should be resolved. I have a Win98 pc with a 6GB hard disk partitioned into three 2GB partitions. Additionally, there is an internal 100MB Zip drive configured as a Generic Hard Type 2 (Device Manager) and a CDROM. Therefore, I have 4 IDE devices (2 hard drives on IDE1, CDROM and Zip drive on IDE2) with proper Master/Slave configurations. I opted for the Large Disk Partition but I am only able to see 8033MB (7.82GB) after FDISK and Format on the 40GB disk.

Question:How do I get this Win98 SE to recognize the other 32GB on the new hard disk.

Go into your Bios you redetect your ide devices so your Hard Drives have the proper space configured DavidDude00@Daw Corp, 1999-2002
%

This may be a limitation of your BIOS--you may not be able to see the rest of the hard drive with out additional drivers. Did your drive come with a floppy disk? You'll probably need to run one of the utilities on it.

Joe Brouillette

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back