Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Configuring 2 p2p T1's

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigdog175

IS-IT--Management
Nov 7, 2000
US
In a previous post I asked about connecting 2 p2p T's in to a 3640 1 link would stay up the other wouldn't, I got a suggestion to try new IOS loaded 12.2 same results I tried same setup w a 2620 running IOS 12.2 same results what am I missing here? The link stays alive for 20 sec and then goes down for 2 and then up again for 20sec, meanwhile the first link that gets established stays solid and runnning, I did also notice that the line protocol goes down,when it comes back up LCP opens but the IPCP never connects????? But when I connect the 2 T1 ports in the 2620 to the 2 T1 ports in the 3640 everything is happy?? :(

This is the config. I just connected a C2600 to one of the T1 and an Adtran TSU 120 w/router module to the other, the circuits are now up and stable. But I need to use Adtran units initially (at both remotes) and will be upgrading all remote routers to 1760 in the next few months.

Building configuration...

Current configuration:
!
version 12.0
service timestamps debug uptime
service timestamps log uptime
no service password-encryption
!

!
!
!
!
!
ip subnet-zero
!
!
!
!
interface FastEthernet0/0
ip address 172.16.1.2 255.255.255.0
no ip directed-broadcast
no ip mroute-cache
speed auto
full-duplex
!
interface Serial0/0
ip address 192.168.1.1 255.255.255.252
no ip directed-broadcast
encapsulation ppp
no ip mroute-cache
no cdp enable
ppp ipcp accept-address
!
interface Serial0/1
ip address 192.168.2.1 255.255.255.252
no ip directed-broadcast
encapsulation ppp
no ip mroute-cache
no cdp enable
ppp ipcp accept-address
!
ip classless
no ip http server
!
!

!
end

I'm don't understand what setup is not working. Is it 2 p2p T1s going into a 3600? What kind of cards in the 3600? What's on the remote ends that's not working and what kind of cards do you have their?

This setup is not live yet, I'm trying it in a lab setting. I have a NM-1FE2W with 2 WIC T1 cards, I need to initially setup the remotes with Adtran TSU 120s. I'm trying to hook up the adtran units back to back with 3600 for testing, but only one link becomes active and stable the other link stays up for 20sec and then down for 3sec and the up again for 20sec. Which ever link becomes active first stays up and stable the other keeps going up and down. But when I hook up a Adtran to one of the ports and a 2600 to the other port both links stay up??? Can't see where I'm going wrong.

If i were to make an guess, it is a timing issue. what end is providing clocking. One end should be Line the other should be Internal on each T1. I reccomend the 3600 T1 Interfaces be set to internal and the remote ends set to Line.

Have Fun...

If i were to make an guess, it is a timing issue. what end is providing clocking. One end should be Line the other should be Internal on each T1. I reccomend the 3600 T1 Interfaces be set to internal and the remote ends set to Line.

PS... Reset all of the CSU's back to factory default before you start, this takes a tone of headache out of the mess..

Have Fun...

I agree it might be a T1 issue. As CaMedic recommends, makes sure one end is providing clock and the other end set to line. Have you checked the other stuff as well like linecode and framing?

Thanks ALL for your tips and suggestions, I got it working today. I upgraded the IOS to 12.2(16)T and started with a blank config turned on what I needed and it all lit right up. Thanks again for your input.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back