Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CONFIGURING 2 ISA SERVERS AS 1 ARRAY

Status
Not open for further replies.

justatad

Programmer
Sep 20, 2001
US
I have configured our current (standard edition) ISA Server. I am planning on upgrading to ISA Enterprise Edition & I want to configure 2 servers as 1 array. Could someone step me through this? If not, are there any good articles out there on this? Does anyone have any advice on some common mistakes that should be avoided?

It is quite simple. If you have a win2k domain with A/D running. If not, you cannot run ISA as an array.

1. run the A/D modification script. THIS SCRIPT IS NOT REVERSIBLE!

2. install the enterprise edition in array mode.

3. when you get ready to install the second server, just install it into the current array. The two server will then start load balancing each other.

I do not recommend that you upgrade the server running standard ISA to enterprise ISA. I would build the server from scratch. I tried the upgrade once and it went very badly.

Joe Brown

Thanks Joe.
The installation was smooth. I didn't dare try an upgrade. It seems like every time I've tryed to upgrade lately I've had tons of problems and at least 1 call into the M.S. tech support (Exchange 2000, etc.).
See ya.
Tad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back