Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

configureing raid controller on NETFINITY 5500

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 22, 2003
AU
I recently purchased a IBM netfinity 5500 at an auction it is a dual p2 350 with 4 5gig hard drives but i cant seem to configure the raid controller to see all the hard drives can any one give me some advice on how to do this??? any help would be good. i have heard that the server guide software does all this for you but as i am on a dialup connection 400+ mb downloads are out of the question can you configure them manually??????

Hello,

I'm sorry but the answer is no .- IBM is expecting you to download the ServeRaid 6.10 CD which will allow you to configure the controller.

Theres no manual method.

Depending on your controllers revision there may be a smaller download (disk) on the IBM site..

Maybe you should get somebody on a dsl or similar to do the dl for you...

/Henrik

Hi,

Use the ServeRAID DOS configuration diskette utility version 3.50 to create your array and logical drive. Match the firmware level to 3.50c if you have problems creating.

Update the firmware and device drivers to current 6.10 level after installing your OS.

Visit and search serveraid-software matrix.

Hi Again,

Can I ask if you run Win2000 Server - and if so do you get resolutions over 16 colours available ???

/Henrik

You need to download the CD image for ServeRaid 6.1, burn it to CD, and then it is really quite simple. However, the image is 493mb Works well. I am using a 5000 and 7000.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back