Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Configure Router with Pocket PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

tmCCNA

IS-IT--Management
Nov 20, 2002
US
I am thinking of doing some contract work but do not have a laptop. I always use a PC to configure routers through a console cable using hyperterminal. How can I do this with my Pocket PC or can I? Any suggestions will be appreciated and please give me program names and where to get them if I need other software. I have never used Telnet before either so please explain it to me if this is how I will do it.

Thanks in advance,
Travis

Travis McGuire
CCNA, Network+, A+

I failed to mention that I do have a network card for my Pocket PC and the handheld itself is an HP Jornada 525.

Travis McGuire
CCNA, Network+, A+

Someone please reply, I am sure someone knows how this can be done.

Travis McGuire
CCNA, Network+, A+

I'm no expert in this matter, but you could bring the router on line using BootP then use the HTTP to finish your configuration.

I purchased a Miniature Serial IO card for my Jornada the Socketts Plus Rugged version. Plugs into the console and connect via serial port.

USB serial converter.. serial flash card.. I've used my iPAQ and my old LX200 to config routers.

MikeS

Find me at
"Take advantage of the enemy's unreadiness, make your way by unexpected routes, and attack unguarded spots."
Sun Tzu

I have a Jornada 540 and use the 9pin male to 9 pin mail null modem adapter. The serial cable that comes is a null modem so by connecting another null modem you can get a straight serial. It works,
also I use teraterm for the pocket pc to make things work just like a pc. Teraterm is the only terminal program that I use for both pc and pocketpc and they are free.

Thanks for all your posts.

Travis McGuire
CCNA, Network+, A+

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back