Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CONFIGURE RH9 SERVER

Status
Not open for further replies.

NICKYSUWANDI

Programmer
Jan 8, 2004
ID
i install RH9, i want configure to server, can any friends tell the sequence or how to configure RH9 to be server (please detail, i am beginner, i want to migration to Linux), i allready familiar in Windows Server.
Thanks a lot

i want use this server for data sharing and internet connection

will windows clients be accessing the linux shares?

Tho linux is very different from windows there are some similarities between the 2 operating systems. To make a "server" of the system you are using, install the necessary services you need.

Depending on what you want to do with it choose the services. I strongly recommend to do a LOT of reading in the (mini)howto's so you know what you are doing.

As you say you are experianced with w2k server, I assume you know what vulnaralbilities you introduce when you just install services which you don't know exactly what they do and how they should be SECURELY configured.

again: READ the howto's (the polite way) or: RTFM (the linux community way... ;-) )

I had install RH9 Server, but i am to confused to configure it. In W2K is very easy to create a domain. In RH9 i am very confused from how to create domain,dns,install nic from floppy disk(how to load file extension .o to linux kernel/i had success compile the code but don't know how to load it to kernel), and setting connect linux workstation to RH9 Server.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back