Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Configure Remote Oracle server for backup 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

protos

IS-IT--Management
Apr 28, 2002
US
I have server A that has, BE Remote Agent installed running Oracle 8.1, we also are running BE eval which is able to see the oracle db in the backup selections and backup fine.

We have a licensed BE Media Server(server B) that is going to backup this remote Oracle db. I installed the licenses for all on this server B.

Where does the oracle config. need to be installed/configured, on the remote oracle server or BE media server??
Thanks

Protos,

Good form on creating your own thread, rather than 'tagging' someone else's.

It is best to install the Agent for Oracle on both A and B.
On ServerA (DB server) configure the Agent.
On ServerB (Backup server), in the selections screen choose "Remote Selections", "Orace Agent".
You should now see all you DB's.

Good Luck,
Tyrone

Tyrone,
on Server A(DB server) shouldnt the oracle agent config to point to the ServerB ip address ??

how do u configure the agent on both servers ? what should the oracle agent config point to??
thanks

Protos,

Install it on Both.
Configure it only on ServerA(DB server).

On ServerA
General Tab
In configured media, add serverB

Database Tab
Click "Add" and type a DB SID name, then put in an account name and password(SYSTEM works best).
You also need to tell BE where the Control files and archives are.

Please Note
Within Oracle you must setup your archive logging

Remember: if it's not fun, it's not worth it!!

Cheers,
Tyrone

thats what i need to do on the Oracle DB,

like i said, we have it working on the Oracle DB w/ eval of BE, but need to do it remotely. so the archive logging and oracle db account is already setup
thanks !!!!

and i can remove the oracle config tool from the Server B the media server

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back