Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

configure exchange 2003 to host email

Status
Not open for further replies.

blabelle

Technical User
May 2, 2002
US
I a new to windows server and exchange server, I have just installed Windows 2003 server and then installed exchange server 2003 on the same machine. I had configured the OS with its native POP3 and SMTP and when I started the install of exchange it gave me an error saying I had to remove POP3/SMTP before I could do a complete install. So I did and the install completed. But now it I need to know how to configure POP3 so that I can start testing the email services on this server. I don't see POP3 in the services console and the managment window for exchange says I have a virtual POP3 server that I can not start the service on. the little POP3 server icon in the protocol tree has a red X on it indicating that it has not started (Iguess). I have created users on the server side and checked the box to created exchange mailboxes. I have looked for help about setting email up on exchange but have not found anything yet.Please help,
or if you could direct me to a site that has setup instructions for email.
Thanks

I did find the internet email wizard and heres what a failed to mention above, I want to test the email server internaly befor I redirect my MX records and put this server on a public IP. So this could be the reason for my problem, I don't know if its possible to test exchange email on a internal LAN.

blabelle:

I'm sort of in the same situation as you. however, i've already done the 'inside' testing and it works well. my dilemma now is getting the MX records to point to my server. you spoke of redirecting them and putting the server on a public IP. If you could help me with that concept, i'd be happy to help you with your internal testing and so forth. thanks.

tlw

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back