Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Configure Arcserve 11.1 SP1 to use single drive autoloader

Status
Not open for further replies.

vancleb

MIS
Jan 20, 2006
US
Brightstor/Arcserve 11.1 SP1 for NetWare should support the use of a single drive tape library without purchasing the Library option (see CAI documentation).
In one of the remote offices, I have Arcserve 11.1 SP1 running on a Novell 6.5 SP3 server. An ADIC Fastor 2 with an LTO3 drive was installed and confiured via the Management Console three weeks ago. I worked as it should for three weeks and then it stopped indicating that most of the tape slots were "Dismounted". When attempting to unload Arcserve using ASTOP on the console, the server hung unloading Changer.nlm. When restarted, Changer.nlm doesn't load. I attempt to load it manually and the error I receive is in the Tape Server log is E7031 and indicates the Changer.DAT file can't be found.
I then attempted to re-configure using the Device Manager Wizard or attempt to Configure Groups, the library is not seen (the drive is).
If I attempt to use the Device Manager install Tape/Optical Library, it sees the library and when I select it to configure it, it gives me an error message "Failed to read the License File" and won't continue.
At a different remote location, there is basically the same configuration and the library is recognized in Device Manager and Changer.nlm does load when Arcserve loads, there is no Changer.DAT file that I can find.
Anyone have any idea's whey this one would be different or how to configure it?

VSChumpy...
Thanks for your input. I found the issue to be the Arcserve\NLM\Tapesvr.cfg file was corrupt. This is what loads Changer.nlm when a changer is present, apparantly the Changer.DAT is not required as the Tech Tip would suggest. Possibly it is only when the actual Changer option is installed (which isn't necessary with a one drive library). I am not sure what corrupted it but there is a very good possibility the MIS contact at that location got a little over zelous. It is corrected now, thanks for your assistance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back