Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Configure an static route in a ASN (with more IP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

carflomi

Technical User
Oct 3, 2006
ES
Help I,m new with ASN.

In trying do an static route between a lan interface an a wan interface and after to another router, I discover that i can do an static route with the option static route in the site manager but i don´t know how to do if i want a route from an specific IP (in a Lan) to an specific IP in Wan interface.

Thank you.

On a router you define static routes as destination subnets. No need to bother about the source. Then any traffic coming in on any LAN interface that is destined for the defined destination subnet is routed.

If you want to only allow traffic between specific source and destinations, you will need static routes to the destination subnets, then you will need to add filters to the router to block/allow specific flows.

Thank you andy only one question more where i can define the filters with the site manger.

if i remember, you select the interface that you want to apply the filter on. then protocols/edit IP/traffic filters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back