Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Configuration problems with Crystal 10 / Visual Studio 2005

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sielah

Programmer
Oct 9, 2007
CA
I just had to re-install my whole development environment after a desktop upgrade, and am now having serious problems with Crystal Reports.

I'm trying to make changes to my Visual C# web application through VS2005. The app invokes crystal reports which are developed in CR10 Professional Edition.

I am no longer able to run through the project in debug mode. It keels over at the following line of code :

private ReportDocument objRpt = new ReportDocument();

The error message I receive is :

{"Creating an instance of the COM component with CLSID {217C571F-B239-4B48-919B-A591943DF550} from the IClassFactory failed due to the following error: 80040154."}

I looked up the CLSID in the registry, and it is for file C:\Program Files\Common Files\Business Objects\2.7\Bin\clientdoc.dll.

So something is wrong with this DLL on my computer, but I can't figure out what. I used both regsvr32 and regasm to make sure it is registered correctly. I added it to the project through the Add Reference dialog. The DLL object model shows up in Object Browser within the project.

I don't believe this is anything to do with a merge module, as I'm not trying to build a deployable package. I'm just trying to run on my local machine through the VS2005 debug environment.

Does anybody have any advice about what I could try next?

Thanks for the suggestions, but unfortunately none of them worked.

My project uses version 10.2 of the relevant Crystal libraries. These are installed under the C:\Program Files\Common Files\Business Objects\2.7 folder.

However, I discovered this morning my computer also has version 11.0 of the libraries, installed under a folder called 3.0.

I deregistered and deleted everything I could find relating to version 11.0 and removed all corresponding GAC assemblies.

But I know from previous experience that true and complete removal of Crystal software is pretty difficult, so I suspect that some part of the version 11 libraries is still lurking around and getting in the way.

Another computer we have which isn't experiencing this problem only has the version 10 / 2.7 folder, which would seem to confirm my suspicions.

Any thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back