Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Configuration of Winterm to connect to ACD 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xoron

IS-IT--Management
Oct 7, 2003
CA
I was wondering what are the settings for connecting to our ACD via Winterm? I know the username/password is acduser/acduser.

I have chosen TCP/IP with port 7787 and the IP of the ACD box with the telnet terminal box checked.

What am I missing here? I've tried port 23, but that doesn't prompt for a username and the password of "acduser" does not work.

Thanks for any help I can get.

the ip address is the same as the one on nam? ...just set ip address in winterm leave port to default

Pat Guido
NEXTIRAONE
Pat.guido@nextiraone.com

I've tried that, but I don't even get a login prompt.

Is there anything on the OS/2 machine (I assume this would be the ACD) that I need to check to make sure that I can use Winterm to connect to it.

I was able to connect once in the past, but I can't seem to get it to work anymore.

nope jusy ip address do yo have the docs

Pat Guido
NEXTIRAONE
Pat.guido@nextiraone.com

No, I don't think that I do.

Where would they be located? I made a copy of all the Nortel CD's that I could find. One of the CD's has a bunch of PDF files, but they all seem to be user level password protected. Any idea what the password for those files might be?

send me your email address send to skidbump@aol.com

Pat Guido
NEXTIRAONE
Pat.guido@nextiraone.com

I've configured my Winterm correctly, but still no progress.

Here is the real problem:
I run Winterm and dial the ACD.
The session looks as if it is working (the timer that counts while you're connected starts making me think that I'm connected)
I never get a login problem where I can enter my username and password.

I've even tried it from a windows 2000 computer (mine is Windows XP and I think that the last time it worked for me it was a win2k box).

Is there anything I need to check on the NAM????

Just wanted to update everyone:

I rebooted the NAM and I can now telnet into the system. There must have been something funky going on with the box that caused it to not accept telnet connections.

Thanks to luv2ski for his help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back