Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Configuration Manager 2007 Client Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 27, 2001
GB
Hullo All,

Hoping that someone might have seen this problem with configuration manager or a previous version of SMS.

I have a few clients that report to the management console that the client is not installed. I have pushed the client install at them and watched the CCM log file for any error message, there are none, the client appears to install correctly, and the results are that I can happily run the remote tools, however the client will not process or display any network advertised packages (and the console still insists that the client is not installed on them), I have tested this with multiple computers and multiple packages and it would appear that these few isolated instances will not go away.

I have uninstalled the client many time, including stripping references from the registry but to no avail. There is little I can find elsewhere on the internet about this problem.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks.
MadAsToast

Hi & Thanks for the reply.

My initial thought was the same, however all other clients in the same network work fine, I have boundaies set by domain site, IP subnet & IP Range so i'm confident i've got all boundaries set.

I'm not sure but i believe if it were a boundary issue then the client wouldn't work ata ll, as it is, it responds to remote tools (even tho it shows not installed).

I have run the client cleanup tool from sms2003 just to be 100% sure then reinstalled but still nothing doing.

any other suggestion would be great.

TIA.

Have found the solution for this.

Will post it here in case going forward someone else has this issue.

The clients weren't registering back to the Configuration Manager Server, this was down to the GUID of the client PC which had been allocated during the previous version of SMS.

To remedy, remove the SMSCfg.ini file from the WINDOWS directory, then simply push the client again, as part of this you will need to rediscover the client, this will produce duplicate records in the Configuration Manager console, simply delete the record that shows the client as not installed.

I have tested this on 10 clients, all 100% successful.

Regards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back