Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Configuration management : SAP Versus BO XI 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

zaleph

MIS
Dec 3, 2006
GB
Hi I am coming from a SAP background,where we have a concept of “transports” for controlling the movement of Configuration From Dev to Production.
It provides change control and audit logs.

Does BO XI have a similar level of control – is this referred to as PVCS ?

Thank You

Hi,
Think I found the answer myself.is it the BIAR that controls movement of your design between Dev and Prod servers ?

Al.

BIAR files are one way to control that movement. BO XI doesn't have configuration management/version control built into it, although there are some third-party tools available for that. Unfortunately, I don't have any links to it as I can't remember who's doing that.

PVCS is version control software. It handles much more than just reports. It integrates into some IDE's, but not into Crystal or BO XI, although you can save reports or BIAR files to it through their regular interface.

-Dell

A computer only does what you actually told it to do - not what you thought you told it to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back