Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Configuration in OTM vs scheduler

Status
Not open for further replies.

brunovilleneuve

IS-IT--Management
Jan 19, 2009
CA
Hi everybody, thanks for the previous post response I got, was very helpful. I need you on a new case today:

I'm trying to "shoot" a config for a phone. After changing the name on the CPND, using OTM Navigator 2.20, I try to shoot the config but the normal window (white) of the config appears for one sec and the close immediatly. I check in the log, that i had previously erased, and it says this:

And the status of the TN stays at RPL. (Tried to change it to NEW and shoot again but doesn't works - Now it's stuck at NEW).

I tried a modem reset (because we have a serial modem plugged to the server) but it's most commonly used with the Meridian Mail i guess. It didn't fix it.

So if you have any idea of what could be the meaning of this error message, please tell me your ideas so I can try that.

Thank you very much.

Bruno Villeneuve
Network/IT Technician

Can you connect to the switch with the Overlay Passthrough in OTM?

sorry but can you tell me how i can test it please? I almost used to go via OTM directly

Bruno Villeneuve
Network/IT Technician

ok i found the overlay passthrough but it says (when i enter with the same username and password than OTM Nav), the session failed saying the username and password are wrong. any clue how could be this user/pass? Maybe like another one that i already have

Bruno Villeneuve
Network/IT Technician

It looks like the username and password that TM uses for this system has been changed. First, you'll need to find a username and password that is legitimate for this system, then you'll need to update the system's properties (it's in the "Customer" tab), so that the web application will pass the proper credentials when trying to make a change or sync.

As usual in IT department, each things comes to an end by itself ... we had a shutdown of the telephony system in the whole building; no one had a phone tone during a minute. And then i came back by itself and OTM was able to shoot the config. lol i hate that way to fix something but we don't have any choice.

Thanks for the reply guys.

Bruno Villeneuve
Network/IT Technician

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back