Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Configuration Error when trying to view in browser

Status
Not open for further replies.

Warlocks

Technical User
Jan 9, 2003
GB
Hi,

I have searched the previous posts as I know this would be a common error but nothing seems to specifically answer my problem.
I have managed to create an application on the server so that I can retrieve the forms without having to copy them each time. I have also created a virtual directory in IIS and I know this works because when I go to IE to browse for the page, it works (after I fixed the syntactical errors in the programming code!!).
However, now I need to debug the semantics as the results aren't as expected but when trying to "View in Browser" a web form, I get a configuration error.

Any ideas where I may be going wrong or is there a setting to point my "View in Browser" to?

Cheers,

Woody.

Rakhi,

I have pasted the full error below.
Although the full directory path is:
\abs1\webservices\SAP_Catalogue\
I have created a virtual directory to the SAP_Catalogue directory where all the info is held.
I think this is where the problem lies as we have a few applications being hosted and so need to go to the sub-directories...

Server Error in '/abs1' Application.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Configuration Error
Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: It is an error to use a section registered as allowDefinition='MachineToApplication' beyond application level. This error can be caused by a virtual directory not being configured as an application in IIS.

Source Error:

Line 37: by Microsoft that offers a single logon and core profile services for member sites.
Line 38: -->
Line 39: <authentication mode="Windows" />
Line 40:
Line 41:

Source File: G:\dev\web\abs1\webservices\SAP_Catalogue\web.config Line: 39

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:1.1.4322.2032; ASP.NET Version:1.1.4322.2032

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back