Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

configurable TUIs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VLG711

Technical User
May 30, 2001
US
Hi,
Can someone tell me if the basic user TUIs are configurable in Message Manager? For instance in the Aria TUI when callers are listening to messages the 1 will rewind several seconds in the message. I would like to change it to another number. Looks like from the documentation this can be achieved in the MMCA but I do not have a MM system to play on and cannot confirm.

THANKS!

The MM does not use Message Manager and as far as i know you can't change the TUI for any of the system types in MM

Ken Means

"I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have."
- Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826)

OOPS Meant to say "TUIs in Modular Messaging". Needed a coffee!

TUIs in MM can be changed for the individual subscriber but not "configured" per se. MM offers standard TUI's such as the Octel Serenade, (R3.0) Aria, and Audix. These usually cover the range of user preferences.

The TUI's can be chosen using subscriber options, but this involves a learning curve with the end user. Most times an administrator decides what is appropriate for the company and sets all subscribers TUI's to that option.

Some recently develped messaging systems offer the ability to configure a TUI to the users preference. This is only one level deep and the users usually want to replicate one of the TUI's mentioned above.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back