Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

config changes not staying in place

Status
Not open for further replies.

gjegstrup

Technical User
Jul 29, 2003
US
Ever since my upgrade to IP Office 1.4, I've been having issues when I make changes to the config.
I support this set up remotely, and connect to it either by Manager installed on my desktop or by PC Anywhere across the network to the onsite machine with manager on it.
What I've noticed is I can make a change to a hunt group, (disable or enable a user), merge the config, and the next time I log into Manager, the changes arent there.
Any ideas?

[cheers] Bottoms up!

Enable & disable certainly should merge without a problem.
are you checking the config imediatly after a merge or some time (hours/days) later.
if there is a reasonable time lag it could iether by a system reset before the ram is backed up (happens around 01:00 when system is free from memory).
or the user could be taking thier phone back out of group!

When I have been noticing this is usually one to two days later. And as far as the user removing themselves, my users arent that smart.........
I tried giving them docs that showed additional features and the first thing they did was call me to fix what they had changed.

[cheers] Bottoms up!

If they are using 2030 or 2040 handsets they may not notice the group key is putting them in or out of group.

I find most of the problems I have to deal with are caused by users who "are not that smart".
Hopefully Avaya will respond to the numerous requests thay have recieved to allow the Group,No Calls & divert keys to be disabled.

are the users using phone manager , the user will become out of group when the delete key is pressed on the keyboard

Hi

I know this post is old, but the above post is rather worrying. We have a couple of hunt groups which people are randomly being disabled from, which obviously causes many problems.

When you say that the user comes out of a group when they press delete, how does this work? This could explain things, and if so is there any way of disabling it? When does the user have to press delete to get themselves out of the group?

I've had a look in the documentation but couldn't find anything, so if anyone can answer my queries that would be great.

Thanks

Dan

Coming out of Group means that the user will no longer recive group calls, this can be done from a button on the phone or by pressing Del while phon manager is active.
this can be done accidently if the user is using an aplication such as word when a call arrives causing phone manager to "POP". This has been changed in PM 2.1,

Thanks for clearing that up, that's an amazing feature/bug! This has caused our reception phone to be unanswerable at times because everyone's obviously done this (by accident I belive). Another reason for upgrading I guess.

Dan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back