Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Conferencing through AVAYA/LEGEND MFM

Status
Not open for further replies.

YooperKen

Technical User
May 17, 2016
US
I recently got a Polycom SoundStation2 working (with much help from this forum) in our primary conference room on a MLX phone set. It is working great thus far. The new request is to be able to add additional outside lines to a conference call. My understanding is that this can be accomplished by adding additional SA buttons (can more than one be added?) that would be associated with the MLX phone's adjunct extension and then associating our line pool to that SA button.

The questions are:
1) Is my assumption about adding SA button(s) correct?
2) How do I accomplish that through either WINSPM or Central Telephone Programming?

Boss likes the install so much he wants me to 'do' the other two conference rooms similarly, which would mean setting up the multi-conference on those as well.

Awesome support from folks here!![thumbsup2]

Yooper Ken

ken, there are smarter people here than i. if i remember correctly, conferencing or even transfer function from the port that you are using a conference device on would require a switch hook flash. now think of a switch hook flash to an originally digital port.
if i remember, i think you would have to establish the conference of outside lines/trunks on the mlx phone and then add the mfm station to it there.

Hello WireBoy,

I have the Polycom patched, via an MFM installed on the conference room phone, and have it programmed for outside line access when going off hook. What I'm trying to work out is providing (if it's possible) the ability to do a hook flash/conference button use to establish a 2nd out side line/dial tone for adding an additional participant.

When trying that (Conference/Hook Flash) previously nothing happened - i.e. no dial tone. So, hoping that is just a 'programming' issue and not a 'can't do that'.

Yooper Ken

It's been a long time since I have messed with an MFM, however my first question would be how many System Access buttons do you have assigned to it?

Also, you need to consider, conference is limited to two inside calls and two outside calls.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back