Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Conferencing Service 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

PowerSp

IS-IT--Management
Aug 22, 2001
US
Hello again,
One day using this site, and I already got a tip I used in Audix.
I am trying to mirror AT&T coferencing service in our switch. I think between the Definity, Audix, and CMS, I may be able to do it.

Does anyone have any experience or ideas with this.

Thanks in advance.

JT

We are testing this using avaya's softphoneR1. R1 allows the ability to write scripts. I wrote a script that adds each caller to the conference as they call in. The test calls we have made so far seem to work good.The biggest problem is that the switch only allows 6 people conferenced per phone.
I am also interested in knowing if anyone else is doing their own conferencing and how they are going about it.

Roche.

Roche,

Can you paste in a copy of the script please ?

I'm interested to take a look.

Not that we have Softphone licences yet - Paid for but Avaya have yet log in as init.

Cheers,

Giles.

Here you go. Let us know if you make any improvements.

0 ' Playback speed: (200) ' Slowest
1 Keystroke {Alt} down
2 SendKeys "123"
3 Playback.Delay 2
4 Keystroke {Alt} up
5 Keystroke {Alt} down
6 Keystroke c down
7 Keystroke c up
8 Keystroke {Alt} up
9 Playback.Delay 2
10 Keystroke {Alt} down
11 Keystroke a down
12 Keystroke a up
13 Keystroke {Alt} up
14 Playback.Delay 2
15 Keystroke {Alt} down
16 Keystroke a down
17 Keystroke a up
18 Keystroke {Alt} up
19 Playback.Delay 4
20 Keystroke {Alt} down
21 Keystroke o down
22 Keystroke o up
23 Keystroke {Alt} up
24 Keystroke {Alt} down
25 Keystroke m down
26 Keystroke m up
27 Keystroke {Alt} up
28 Keystroke {Ctrl} down
29 Keystroke a down
30 Keystroke a up
31 Keystroke {Ctrl} up
32 Playback.Delay 2
33 Keystroke {Alt} down
34 Keystroke m down
35 Keystroke m up
36 Keystroke {Alt} up

Is softphone a software permission within the Definity or is it an adjunct like CMS or Audix.

Thanks,
JT

Roche - Thank you very much for that. I will be sure to post any improvements. It's great to have an open forum.

JT - You are correct - IP soft-phone and IP hard-phone are customer-options on the Definity. No adjunts are required. Only Lucent (and if you're running code version < 6) certain people who are privy to the &quot;init&quot; login password can chage the settings.

The settings you're talking about are in &quot;cha sys cus&quot;, but since you're not able to login as init you'll only be able to &quot;disp sys cus&quot;

Personally I think that there should only be one customer-option for soft and hard phones. They're both using the open protocol TCP/IP after all.

It's also not advisable (but again, anyone reading this - correct me if I am wrong!) to try to use PC DHCP clients when installing IP Soft Phone client. In the Definity config, you must provide an IP address. DHCP obviously is dynamically allocated (by definition). So what if your lease runs out ? Short sighted to say the least. How about using DNS to resolve ip addresses from host names. This would be better.

In the Definity you only must provide an IP Address
for the c-lan and the med-pro board in de &quot;ch node-names&quot;
You don't have to provide the IP Address in the definity of your workstation where you install the ip-softphone.
You must add in the definity 2 stations for your softphone, station type h.323 and an station type 64xx / 84xx or 46xx.

The IP's you are using for the Definity (like c-lan, medpro, intuity, and CMS) can't be dynamically

The workstation where you have ip-softphone installed on
can use DHCP.

Greets, Bob

So far it seems I must purchase an actual softphone to install at the station I assign. Where do I program the code. Is that done in CMS. Sorry, but I am completely new to this softphone area.

Thanks,
JT

FastBusy/BobFox,
It also sounds like a PC station can be installed at the softphone station... I am on the right track

I am looking throug my manuals, but can not find softphone istallation instructions.

JT

I'm trying to write an FAQ for the soft-phone installation
Please read what i'm already done and give me some comment
How that i can improve this document.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back