Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

conferencing on an analog polycom

Status
Not open for further replies.

coniglio

Technical User
Jun 17, 2003
US
I have an analog Polycom in a remote office (opt. 11C 25.3). It has C6A in the CLS. Doesn't this mean I can conference up to six parties using this analog polycom? i can't get anyone to test it so that option is out. My manager says we need to purchase digital polycoms in order to do a six-party conference but i think he's mistaken. thanks.

He is mistaken. As long as it is C6A and not C6D (D is the default in LD 10 and that will deny conferencing), then you are good to conference yourself and 5 other parties.

We have C6A setup on our analog polycom and it works no problem. We have regular conf. call with 4 or more participants.

I recall setting up C6A for our Polycom but there was some other parameber that needs to be configured to make it work??? However...age has caught up with me and I can't remember the other feature you need. I think it had something to do with using the flash key or something like that. I kind of remember that hitting the flash key would connect me to the operator or something like that....It's been too long.

mike

make it easy, have someone setup the conf on a digital set and then transfer or add the poly to it.. conf from an analog was never the easy way to go

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

i had already suggested that but they don't like that idea either. They want to purchase these digital polycoms so they can conference 6 people, but they don't seem to understand they can do it already on the analog polycoms. On a related note, i'm reading the documentation on the digital polycom and it says you can attach a Meridian telephone to the aux jack to make the call private. Do they mean a digital set? and once you connect this phone the call"moves" to this digital set? and if you disconnect the digital set does the call go back to the Polycom?

i am under the impression that the polycomm digital will only work with a 3900 series digital attached, i helped a sprint tech set one up but did not see the set.. it did work, almost the same as an analog adapter would, programmed the poly as the same number on the data port of the set as a 3904, to match the set, with the same mcr key, if you disco the digital your poly is a paper weight...like i said i have not tested this set up but it made that user happy..

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

We use Analog Polycom phones where I work and I enabled conferencing on them. I just added cls xfa and c6a and I tested it with 4 parties I didnt try for more.

You may want to check SPRE & FFC codes - I don't remember if there is a toggle you could use-

You will also need to enable "hook flash", it's an FTR setting. FTR ISP, it's also in the Software Input / Output Guide NTPs under FTR.

Need help, just got some Polycom Soudstation Premier EX analog. I beleive we have a Nortel Option 11c PBX. Hooked it up to my analog line and tried to do a conference. Dialed somebody they picked up then I pressed flash but it automatically dials the operator. Anybody know how to change that feature. I am new to PBX's any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Greetings,

I am trying to conference as well. Does one need a polycom with flash to conference or can any set work? This would be on an analog line.

Also being very new to Option11, what is the procedure for conferencing. Dial first party, flash, dial second party, flash, then what do you do to bring all parties into the conference? How to end?

From reading this post it appears I have to configure a TN to allow conferening. "cls xfa and c6a" Which LD would this be done in LD 10?

Whats up with the FTR ISP? Do I need to enable hook flash for a set that does not have a flash key?

Thankyou in Advance.

The FTR ISP setting is required for the analog line, just having the flash button on the phone is not automatic. Also you would connect parties on a conference one at a time, dial first party, flash, dial second party, flash, connecting as you go.

Thankyou for your reply.

After flashing to dial each party, how does one bring them all together? As expected when hitting flash it brings up a new line and the existing ones go on hold it apears.

Thanks
Jason

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back